jobs.correctng.com is dedicated to bringing you the latest job vacancies in Nigeria. You can see all latest jobs on our homepage and also sort job vacancies by states and cities.
MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting – Our client, a Christian value based Montessori educational institution, situated around Ikotun/Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagos State, is urgently looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position with the details below:
Job Title: Administrative/Business Manager
Purpose of the Post
- The incumbent will manage the school’s admin office and provide an efficient and confidential secretarial service to the Head-teacher; ensuring efficient administrative and financial systems are established and maintained.
- The incumbent is the school’s leading support staff professional and works as part of the Senior Team to assist the Head-teacher in his/her duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
- The incumbent Manager will assist the Head-teacher in providing professional leadership and management of school support staff in partnership with teaching staff, to enhance their effectiveness in order to achieve improved standards of learning and achievement in the school.
- The incumbent will also promotes the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and ensures the most effective use of resources in support of the school’s learning objectives.
- The incumbent will also assists in maintaining a positive safe environment by enforcing school rules and policies, and may act as a liaison to parents, community and staff.
- The incumbent may assume responsibility for administration/operation of the school in the absence of principal/ administrators and participates in collective decision-making within the school management team.
- The incumbent will manage non-instruction functions and activities; coordinates special events, volunteer coordination, parent/family involvement, transportation, and building maintenance; receives, distributes and communicates information to enforce school,; plans, promotes, manages and oversees student services and activities, including student recognition, student safety, and student supervision; address issues, situations, problems and/or conflicts that could negatively impact the school; ensures general cleanliness, appearance and safety of all buildings are maintained to acceptable standards.
Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Administer teacher cover by checking teacher absences on each school day and organize supply cover as appropriate and keep records of supply and cost.
- Administer school’s admissions procedures for the nursery/school, by giving advice to parents and members of the public on admission criteria, collate applications for admission and monitor criteria being applied consistently.
- Also communicate with parents regarding the decision of the Head-teacher.
- Administer procedures relating to pupils transferring or leaving the school.
- Liaise with parents about return of pupils from exclusion.
- Enter pupil data on joiners and leavers on system.
- Manage pupil data by ensuring that all required pupil data is up to date and accurate
- Liaise with relevant agencies/bodies such on pay and other pay related matters.
- Instigate sickness management, by monitoring sick leave, identify sick management issues and raise with the Head-teacher.
- Maintain computerized personnel records, ensuring accurate records of staff details, including type of contract, pay etc
- To use information technology systems as required to carry out the duties of the post in the most efficient and effective manner
- To undertake training and professional development as appropriate
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the post that may reasonably be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- At least, a university Degree in education or other related discipline
- At least, two years administrative experience at a senior level
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of the schools accounting procedures and the ability to complete basic statistical returns.
- Ability to carry out general office skills and to deal with a variety of tasks such as filing, typing, distribution of post, etc.
- Ability to take minutes of meetings.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, on the telephone and face to face
- Ability to draft correspondence independently;
- Ability to write and communicate verbally clearly and concisely.
- Ability to build and maintain an effective working relationship with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to monitor budgets and record expenditure.
- Diplomatic approach in dealing with difficult situations.
- Cultural awareness and sensibility.
- Ability to prioritize to ensure that deadlines are met, whilst working under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative and contribute ideas to the improvement of admin services at the school.
- Ability to use computer systems to an advanced level, including Excel.
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: email@example.com , with the job title as the subject of the mail.
NB: Candidate must live in close proximity of the school’s location (Ikotun/Alimosho Axis).