jobs.correctng.com is dedicated to bringing you the latest job vacancies in Nigeria. You can see all latest jobs on our homepage and also sort job vacancies by states and by profession
The University of Abuja invites applications from interested and qualified candidates for the position of a Bursar in the University which will be vacant in February, 2018.
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- By virtue of his position, the Bursar should be able to coordinate the development and upgrading of the University’s strategic plans and to ensure the development and update of the University’s financial management plans.
- The Bursar should also be able to coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates for consideration where necessary.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all local and foreign assets and liabilities held by the
- University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budget, among other schedules.
- In a nutshell, the Bursar should provide the University with appropriate advice and support for all of the Institution’s financial transactions.
- Candidate for the post must be visionary; have the ability to provide good leadership, possess personal integrity, demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
- He/she must command the respect and loyalty of the University staff and capable of increasing the Internally Generated Revenue of the University.
- Candidates should have a good honours degree or its equivalent in Accounting related disciplines.
- However, possession of higher degree(s) is an added advantage.
- He/she must be registered with a professional body such as ICAN or ANAN, ICT compliant with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages, and have a minimum twenty (20) years cognate experience, ten (10) years of which must be of unbroken service in the University system.
- He/she must also have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar, in a University and not be more than sixty (60) years of age on assumption of duty.
Tenure and Salary
- Successful candidate shall hold office for a period of five (5) years.
- The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Nigerian University system.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their application, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
Full Name: (Surname First)
Date of Birth
Gender and Marital Status
Number and Ages of Children
E-mail address and Phone Number Postal and Permanent Home Addresses
State and Local Government
Schools Attended and Qualifications Obtained with Dates
Positions held with dates
Membership of Professional Bodies
Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees
The Candidate should state his/her vision for the University in the next five (5) years in not more than 1,000 words. Applicants are expected to request the referees to forward the reports under confidential cover directly to the Registrar.
Application should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked “Post of Bursar” to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Abuja,