jobs.correctng.com is dedicated to bringing you the latest job vacancies in Nigeria. You can see all latest jobs on our homepage and also sort job vacancies by states and cities.
Marriott International, a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014 is recruiting to fill the position with the details below:
Job Title: Hygiene Officer
Job Number: 17001EL9
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Brand: Renaissance Hotel
Job Category: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Position Type: Non-Management
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience.
- You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
- You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours.
- That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Responsible verifying that operations are in compliance with hygiene and food safety standards. Advises on proper food handling practices and provides food hygiene training for all new hires and trainees. Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations and takes preemptive remedial action.
- Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requriements.
Core Work Activities
- Managing Hygiene and Food Safety Operations
- Verifies compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA) requriements of Marriott International throughout the operations.
- Advises and monitors food handlers on the proper good handling practices and verifies their observance.
- Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations and takes preemptive remedial action.
- Verifies complianace with food and hygiene regulations, licensing conditions and codes of practice relating to food operations.
- Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requirements.
- Provides in-house food hygiene training for all good handlers, (e.g. new hires and trainees).
- Handles complaints or enquiries from customers and local food sategey and health departments on food hygiene matters.
- Conducts and records daily kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene condictions and provides corrective action plans as necessary.
- Conducts regular vendor inspections in partnership with purchasing and culinary leadership.
- Conducts regular internal BSA inspections with culinary leadership and kitchen cleaning staff.
- Conducts regular inspections on the kitchen of kitchen equipment and verifies defects and non-conformities are remedied by the appropriate parties.
- Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g., General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Liases with pest control company for any pest issues and monitors pest control performance.
- Maintains and makes improvements to hygiene standards.
- Regularly reviews and refreshes the food safety standards of all food handlers withing the property.
- Maintains documentation on all hygiene and food safety stadards throughout the operation.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major.
- Environmental Health Degree or Culinary Degree
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.