jobs.correctng.com is dedicated to bringing you the latest job vacancies in Nigeria. You can see all latest jobs on our homepage and also sort job vacancies by states and cities.
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare is recruiting to fill the position with the details below:
Job Title: Midwife
Report to: Project Coordinator (PC-FC)/ Project Medical Referent
Report to (Functional): Project Medical Referent (PMR)
- Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care is done by MOH and lobby in case of failure
- Ensure the implementation of obstetrical care (BEmONC1 and CEmONC2), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- When PMTCT is implemented, ensure implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations
- Collaborate with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases and train the national and MoH staff on SGBV identification and management ( with a strong sensitization of the staff for such cases)
- Meet with the TBAs and women group and assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensure and follow hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications. Strictly follow the waste management protocols
- Guarantee a regular and on-going supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Ensure the proper follow up by MoH midwives of all new born babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected.
- Work closely with MSF national midwife to provide with the tools to keep continuity of the work and provision of the proper support and monitoring of the activities
- Supervise that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
- Participate in the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
- Assess the need for referral as per the referral criteria and ensure that the referral system is well followed and obstacles are reported and discussed with the aim of solving them.
- According to MSF protocols conduct deliveries and independently manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, clean up the newborn, executing and registering first neo-natal medical acts (cutting and cleaning the umbilical cord, vaccination, etc.), detecting possible anomalies/infections of the newborn and reporting them to the doctor.
- Ensure successful interventions, supervise the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, rational use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point.
- Assess the level of care in the maternity department in general, including the part MOH is responsible for and assess the needs of support( including trainings), discussing it with the PMR and if agreed, present an action plan with a time frame and start the implementation.
- Ensures proper data collection and elaboration of the weekly report and deliver it to the PMR.
- Active participation in the medical and project’s meetings
Education and experience:
- University degree required; Bachelor in Nursing or Post Basic Diploma in Midwifery.
- 2 year professional experience in midwifery, labor ward and management of Obstetric complications.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Fluent written and spoken English. French and Arabic is an asset.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Service Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- People management
- Result oriented
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover motivation letter under the reference of ‘MIDWIFE’ to: MSFE-RRHH-[email protected]
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
- Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.