jobs.correctng.com is dedicated to bringing you the latest job vacancies in Nigeria. You can see all latest jobs on our homepage and also sort job vacancies by states and by profession
International Medical Corps (IMC) is looking for suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position of a Senior Human Resource and Administrative Officer.
Job Title: Senior Human Resource and Administrative Officer
Candidates: For Nigerian Nationals only
- The Senior Human Resource and Administration Officer reports directly to Human Resource and Administrative Manager.
- The Senior Human Resource & Admin Officer’s job is to assist to maintain HR programs and policies.
- The main responsibility of this position is to manage recruiting and staffing, performance management, training benefits and compensation administration, organizational development, employee counseling services, administration support to the program.
- Ensuring compliance with Nigerian laws as well as with all IMC compliance and due diligence requirements in the field of Human Resources and Administration
- Implementing HR programs and policies as needed by the organization.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations, employee morale, work performance, and organizational productivity concerns.
date and accurate, ID Cards, performance evaluations and other required processes are implemented on time and to high quality.
- Ensure compliance with local labor law
- Support line Manager in HR processes
- Directly supervise HR and Admin Officers and HR and Admin Assistants
- Contributing to the creation of a positive work environment with a positive image and overall credibility of the organization notably through the code of conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regards to internal and external actors.
- Ensuring that administrative procedures are continually updated and implemented to high quality
- Maintain expatriate legal status for expatriates visiting Nigeria – work permits, visas and passes
- Staff detail upload on Cost point
- Facilitation of international staff movement – travel and accommodation.
- Provide strategic leadership and technical support in Human Resource Management and Administration.
- Assist to develop and streamline HR practices and policies that are aligned to the organization’s strategy.
- Manage and provide direction to staff recruitment and employment contracts.
- Maintain and update personnel & Insurance Files.
- Preparation/processing of the monthly national staff payroll
- Build, strengthen and share lessons learned with regard to HR best practices.
- Coordinate staff human resource matters including liaison with FAD and line Manager
- Assist in the implementation of employee orientation programs, supervision, and training needs and career development programs.
- Facilitation of International/National staff movement – support planning and purchasing of air tickets.
- Maintain expatriate legal status in Nigeria – work permits, visas and passes.
- Maintain Office and Staff Accommodation Leases.
- Ensuring compliance to regulations including personnel policies and records, Employee Laws and Issues.
- Advocate and promote a healthy, creative and safe work environment
- Supervise administrative support staff. Coordinating Office Supplies and equipment’s as at when required.
- Other related assignments as assigned by the supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
- Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or other related course from an accredited university.
At least 3 years’ experience in similar role, preferably with a non-government organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Excellent communicator with ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Ability to work under pressure and in an hard to reach area
- High standard of ethics and integrity
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff:
- The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts.
- No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported /by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved.
- Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award.
- IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements.
- These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s addressed to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” in a single Microsoft Word Document via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.